Home : Cape Verde Forum : Contact
Versión Española Español
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: vacation in Boavista 2007.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:24 pm 

Last July 2007 i visited the island of Boavista i stayed at the Parque das dunnas for 3 weeks i went with cape verde travel based in Hornsea in Yorkshire Lisa the manageress did all my travel arrangements which was first class i enjoyed my stay on this island the beach area were the hotel is around 10 miles long of pure unbroken sand i would recommend this area for a vacation.
the only low down was so much cloud at the time i was there.the locals informed me this was not usual for the time of the year.
I believe now that the flight is direct to the island now so there is no change in Sal.then a short hop over the sea which makes it much easier.

there is not much to do on the island but if you want just a quiet beach holiday then this is the island for you.
if you have any questions re the island please leave any questions and i will return your enquires.

regards Viscount Vincent.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Post subject: Re: vacation in Boavista 2007.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:11 pm 

Have International flights started to Boavista, if so does anyone know who flies there?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:29 pm 

Direct flights our now flying from Gatwick to Boavista once a week untill the end of april .

The airline who flies there from the u k. at present is.
Astraeus airlines.

Astraeus ltd
Astraeus house
faraday court, faraday road
crawley
rh10 9pu
01293 819 850.

hope this helps
david.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:47 pm 

RE futher info.

FARES ARE AROUND £430.00 RETURN WITH TAXES.
WEB SITE IS. http://www.flystar.com

regards david.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:53 pm 

I am going to Boavista 17.4.08 for the 6th time. There is a lot to do, you need to look for it. The island is sparsely populated, with tourism only taking off now. Every trip is different, as the seasons change.
Internet access, there are numerous internet cafes for the tourist. Generally the keyboards are terrible. The Juvenile Centre near the Police Station is probably the best. Some hotels allow you access on their network ( for a fee!)
Try getting a English speaking guide for the day, not the cheapest, but he could show you many interesting places, amazing beaches, Deserto Viana , Cabo Santa Maria etc.
I have bought property on ther island, thus the interest.
AB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:27 am 

I have recently been on holiday through http://www.eShores.co.uk - they tailor made the 2 weeks away, created an eitinerary and organised flights and accommodation for me. My wife was so impressed ;)

Just thought I'd let you know that they can sort out flights over to the island if anyone comes on here looking.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:27 pm 

i stayed at the Parque das dunnas for 3 weeks i went with cape verde travel based in Hornsea in Yorkshire Lisa the manageress did all my travel arrangements which was first class i enjoyed my stay on this island the beach area were the hotel is around 10 miles long of pure unbroken sand i would recommend this area for a vacation.
the only low down was so much cloud at the time i was there.the locals informed me this was not usual for the time of the year.
I believe now that the flight is direct to the island now so there is no change in Sal.then a short hop over the sea which makes it much easier.